Thursday, March 22, 2012

The End.

I know you just want the end of this multiple post story. Well the time has come, here it is- ish.

By the time I was to see the improv boy on Friday, I was again wondering what was going on. Was this just going to be a 'friends with benefits' situation? I knew I was going to have to ask him. I don't act so flirty, I don't hold hands, unless this is going to be a relationship. A real one, with talking and communication and not just cuddliness. But I'm so shy! I'm terrified! I'm scared about initiating anything. So I should just put it all on him and in the mean time I'll freak out, right?

Well our bathroom fan was broken so my roommates brother came up to fix it. He's the one in improv boys ward, the reason why I met him. So I decided to play wimp and see if I could glean info from Bryan. And he really didn't help me. He basically told me what I already knew I had to do and didn't want to: I had to ask improv boy!

When I saw him that night we were just comfortable around each other in our hand holding or just being close (again, I can't stay away from physical affection!). After the show I went over to his place for a while and we just sat and kind of cuddled on the couch. I couldn't stay to long, I was going to be headed to Utah right after! But I had to find an opening. Finally, it became clear to me that there was going to be a roommate around and I was not going to get a chance to ask him while we were just sitting there. Hopefully he'll walk me to my car!

I stated that I needed to leave, and so far the plan was working! He was putting on shoes and grabbing his scarf.... and then his roommate and his girlfriend walked up the stairs. He was walking her to her car! Great, we were going to be out there at the same time. I need to ask him! Luckily, we got sidetracked by stargazing long enough for her to drive away and he to go back into the house. Perfect!

We're at my car door, and I know what I have to do. And this is the painful experience that happened:

"I have a question..."

He stares expectantly and I suddenly can't make eye contact and I have to stare in multiple places at once... "um"s and "uh"s sputter out of my mouth... I start talking talking, but I it seems to take me five minutes to ask the following question:

"Is this just fun flirting because I'm conveniently there, or is this going to lead to something... more?"

By the time I got to the end, I'm sure the word "more" came out as a squeak. The whole I'm squirming and I look as if I'm trying to watch a bee who's ferociously buzzing around and I can't take my eyes off it. And all this time he just stares. But then he responds:

"I'm thinking something more."

Whew! Oh my gosh, all of that crazy stress, terrifying feeling, gone! I'm again floating and smiling and it lasted me all the way to Utah. And probably lasted me the trip back to Idaho, as well :)

I went back to Idaho on Sunday. Coming back from Utah, Idaho Falls is right there on the way. I was kind of scared, but I called him! And he said he'd love to have me stop by! His friend was being taught by the missionaries, so that's where we headed. And I really have to say, he's pretty cool. The way he talked about the gospel, it's such a part of him! And really won some points. I wish I could stop and talk about how cool that was for me, but it's turn into a lot of rambling and I still wouldn't be able to describe how attractive that was to me :)

I eventually made it back to Rexburg, and I was floaty and happy! Yay! Okay, I'm going to go quick on the drama part of it:

Tuesday was a horrible day for me. I generally really break down once a week and this was the day for me. Hardly slept, woke up depressed, had a math test looming over me, and then I got on Facebook. And there was a picture of him, my improv boy! on a love sack with his arm around a girl. I was crush, broken hearted, ect! I barely made it through work. Then I had to take my math test. And I failed miserably. Not just didn't do well, but utterly failed in the worst possible way. I went to the art gallery in the Spori building, curled up in a corner, and cried.

The rest of the week, didn't here from the kid. Nothing. I waited and waited and he never texted me or called. But then, I didn't try to contact him, either. But whatever, he needs to be the one acting, right?!

Wednesday night, I met another boy. Short, but way awesome and I loved talking to him! Sweet, I'll give improv boy one more chance, but now I have a back up. This new kid and I really hit it off, and I was realizing that improv boy and I didn't talk like that. We didn't excitedly build off of each other. And that of course would be his fault. I was getting myself ready to get over him.

Friday night I saw the new boy again. Before I went and saw him, I got a call from improv boy. He left a message asking if I was still up for doing something Saturday night. Butterflies appeared. I had been frustrated all week, but suddenly it was all gone. I called him back... and left a message. Oh, well. I'll still see him the next day!

So the new boy was fun and all, but I was excited about improv boy, but new boy would still be on the list. When we parted ways, he invited me to otter pops the next day. I wasn't disappointed when I said I already had plans.

So Saturday happened....

Going into this, I had clear boundaries. I don't act couplish unless I'm dating someone. I needed to know before I let anything happened. Well, I get there and he tells me to close my eyes. I do. Then I open them to see a box of Trix cereal. I turn it over and there's a cut out Batman mask on it! He got me a box of Trix just because I love Batman. My defenses were down.

The rest of the night we were definitely a couple. Playing Just Dance 3, laser tag, Settlers of Catan, and then watching Firefly with his roommate. And when we watched Firefly, he laid down on the love sack. I knew I shouldn't, nothing was defined! And so I laid down right next to him. And it was so comfortable.

After Firefly, his roommate went upstairs and it was just me and him laying there. Okay, I'm going to figure out what this is!

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Do you do this with girls often?"

"What?"

"This. Do you do this with girls often?"

"No, just the ones I like. And right now there's just one."

pause


"Are you going to date me?"

"I like that, that's a good idea."

"Can that start now?"

"Sure."

And thus has started my adventure with my second ever boyfriend.

1 comment: