Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More About Bothersome Boys

My last post was being written when I was under a lot of frustration, and was going to head into a rant. But today my frustrations with boys have lessened greatly :) Apparently my actions around boys aren't so freakazoid as what I thought. Apparently I can be likable! But I'm getting a head of myself. I guess to finish the rest of my story I'll have to go back to my moments of drama...

I really enjoyed our date together. Maybe the fact that I showed up with low expectations helped out, but I left really happy about how my night was spent. We ended up making snow angles and walking around in the falling snow, and watched the snow falling in light of the street lamps. I don't know if he was trying to hold my hand or not, he kept touching it and commenting on how cold it was, but it didn't happen. But he told me he thought I was cute and he liked my short hair. Now that was so great for me! I'm so used to guys telling me that longer hair is more attractive. But here is a guy who thinks I'm cute with my short hair! That meant a lot to me, and really won him some points.

The next weekend a group of us went down to IF for dinner and a movie. I invited him along, and he was there! But I really have the problem that I can't flirt with guys that I find attractive, and I had started liking this guy. Great, I blew it. He wasn't going to think that I was interested, I tried so hard to to act like I wasn't! Oh, agony! I've done it again, let someone get away. But I've been so sick of those "what if"s that I made a goal to do the hard thing, the scary thing. And I did. I Facebooked him and told him that he was cool and I liked being around him. Okay, so I took the wimpy way to tell him, but it was still scary! And he said that he enjoyed being around me! Okay, so no "what if" here.

Well, a couple weeks happened and we messaged each other on Facebook, but that's all that was happening. Seriously, this kid needs to ask me out! Again I invite him to something, my Valentines Day/ Lady and the Tramp Party. I was getting frustrated because no dates= no interest. So was he just being flirtatious with his cute new gal pal? The party was going to be his last chance. I was going to ask him straight up if he was going to ask me on another date. If not, the end.

He came and he didn't make an effort to talk to anyone else, just be around me. I didn't mind, my heart melted pretty fast when I saw him again. And we definitely flirted it up. I mean it was kind of a bid deal for me, people could tell we were flirting and that's just not how I usually am. So by the time we needed to say good night, I was liking this kid even some more. And he before he left, he asked me what I was doing that Thurday....

Because he wanted to invite me to his improv show! Seriously?! There's that trend. Not a date, but lets meet again in Rigby and you can watch me be funny. But at the time of his asking me I was a little bit twitterpated and the dog came out, "Yes, I will go. I will follow you." Can't he just ask me on a date? Make it easy for me, pursue me or drop me. And by pursuing I mean slay dragons, move the world, drive up to Rexburg and take me out on a normal date.

I have to take time out of this story to explain something frustrating about my life: I'm expected to work for what I want. Seriously! Who has to do that? Okay, so it makes sense. But with boys, why? It's their job to come after me. But for a really long time I've felt like the ball is in my court, and if there was anything going to happen with this guy I'd started to like I was going to have to not play the damsel in distress. (Just a disclaimer, because later on in this story we'll see my frustration because I chose to wait for him to act (again) so I'm still learning these lessons that I've realized I need to learn).

I think the rest is going to be finished up in my next post. Where *dramatic voice* I will reach the height of my dramatic self involving laughter, tears, and a math test. But stay tuned for the good ending :)

2 comments:

  1. The first time I officially met Jon I had to ask him to sit by me (not my normal mode of operation), he didn't just mosey on over and ask if he could join our group. Then we had no contact for a few months (he was actually dating someone else)...and look how things turned out in the end. ;) Sometimes one act of bravery impacts the whole outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to be brave. I just want to open the door and *pow* there's my future!

    ReplyDelete